Dear Parents and Carers
Do you receive any of the following?
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit )
- Universal Credit
If so you may be entitled to free school meals.
Registering for free school meals can benefit your child and the school.
Your child could be entitled to:-
● £1300 worth of extra support and opportunities as well as—
● Free school trips and
● Free school meals, and milk at breaktimes worth up to £400 per year.
Even if you don’t want your child to receive a meal, you should still register, so that their school receives as much funding as possible from the Government. By registering you could raise an extra £1320 to help fund valuable support for your child like extra tuition, teaching assistants, after school clubs, music lessons and sports activities.
Please also register, even if your child is currently entitled to Universal Free School Meals (i.e. in Foundation Stage or Key Stage 1), as the school only receives funding from the government for each child registered for Free School Meals.
Make sure you have registered for Free School Meals by Monday 18th January 2016.