Science at Minchinhampton Academy
Science stimulates and excites curiosity about phenomena and events in the world around us. Science at Minchinhampton allows children to explore their curiosity, there a chance to develop ideas about why things happen and how things work to enable them to make sense of the world in a fun, ailment practical and safe way.
In our evolving world, viagra buy the ability to think clearly and creatively and use information to solve problems are important life skills. We need problem solvers, decision makers and innovators and we need to prepare our children for their future, not for our past. Science is a perfect vehicle to develop these higher order thinking skills Questioning is key to generate high-level thinking and discussion and allows children to have opportunities to adopt self-questioning strategies.
At Minchinhampton Academy we aim to:
- provide a rich learning environment both inside and outside the classroom, enabling children to reach their full potential.
- Prepare our children for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world.
- To develop a respect for all living things and the environment and an understanding of their interdependence
- To promote the learning of skills, understanding and key vocabulary through a scientific attitude to the solving of problems
- To encourage the ability to make predictions and suggest explanations based on an understanding of the world around them and scientific knowledge
- To develop an ability to understand and interpret scientific information presented in verbal, mathematical, diagrammatic or graphic form and translating such information from one form to another.
- To promote confidence in the use of appropriate scientific equipment correctly and safely, including the use if ICT to collect and display data